Have you suffered physical harm due to another driver’s negligence or carelessness? Seek the assistance of a personal injury lawyer. Personal injury attorneys fight for the rights of families and individuals who have suffered losses due to another party’s negligence or wrongdoing.
1. Investigate the Accident
Your Denver personal injury attorney launches a thorough accident investigation to determine how you were injured. The attorney gathers evidence to show that the other party was responsible for your injuries in the inquiry. It is impossible to receive compensation for your damages unless you can prove that the other party was at fault for your injuries.
A personal injury attorney has the resources and knowledge to handle tasks such as:
- Locate and interview an eyewitness
- Look for any video evidence of the accident.
- Gather physical evidence
- Get accident reports.
- Keep a record of any circumstances that may have contributed to your injuries.
2. Handle Insurance Company
Your [personal injury attorney determines which insurance companies may be liable for your claim. To determine coverage, he examines each insurance policy. Insurance coverage may include liability insurance, personal injury protection (PIP), underinsured motorist coverage, and other coverage-relevant to an injury claim.
Depending on the nature of your injuries, this could imply that your lawyer is in charge of:
- Contact your insurance company if an uninsured or underinsured driver caused your injuries.
- Insurance claim forms and requests for accident and injury information
- If the at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured, you may be able to reach an agreement with your insurance company. Suppose an insurance company acts in bad faith to deny you the compensation you deserve. In that case, your attorney may file a bad faith insurance lawsuit to hold the company accountable.
3. Calculates the Value of Your Damages
When you have finished medical treatment and the extent of your injuries and damages are known, your Denver Personal Injury Attorney will calculate the maximum amount for all of your damages. The goal is to obtain total compensation for each type of damage. Many attorneys and insurance companies use a mathematical formula to estimate the value of an injury and determine a starting point for their negotiations.
When calculating how much an injury claim, special, medical, and general damages are determined.
4. Prepares and Negotiates a Settlement Agreement
Your attorney prepares a comprehensive settlement demand package sent to the insurance company. The settlement demanded includes legal arguments, case facts, and documentation to back up the allegations of fault and liability. Personal injury lawyers are skilled negotiators who understand how to use the facts of your case to your advantage.
When you and your attorney reach an agreement, your attorney drafts a settlement agreement that protects you. He ensures that the agreement’s terms do not infringe on your legal rights.
If you are hurt in an accident caused by someone else, you must have a personal injury lawyer on your side. A lawyer can assist you in leveling the playing field because the opposing party will almost certainly have a lawyer on their side.